I suck at this.
How many of us love photography? I don’t honestly think I know a single person who admits to NOT loving a good photograph.
My dream is to become a photographer who consistently takes beautiful photos, improving with each one I take. I want to teach and encourage others, as well, to grow in their passions. It is so important to embrace the talents we possess and the desires we hold. So, naturally I couldn’t resist joining a couple of my friends in challenging ourselves to taking photos every week by a prompt. We had started a blog but quickly found it was too difficult for us to keep up with it while taking care of all the other projects we had going on. Although that blog is no longer in use, we still want to keep the idea of using the prompts and encourage others to join us.
Here are photos I have taken based on some of the prompts:
In an attempt to make this happen, I have decided to post the photos I take for each prompt here each week. And I will post the prompt for the next week every Sunday. This week’s prompt will come later tonight. :)
If you are interested in being a participant in this, please email me at photo[dot]prompts[at]gmail.com and tell me your name and a little about yourself, as well as any questions or concerns you may have for me. Also, if you have suggestions for prompts, certainly send them my way to that email address, also. This is something that I am really excited about and want to share this experience with others. All photos that are submitted will be posted, so it can be fun for everyone! So, who wants to join me? :)
But Happy Birthday, Elsie! I feel so blessed to have you as a friend. And I get to work with you? Crazy! In some ways, I can’t believe I have really only known you for a little over a year. You definitely have brightened my life and inspired me beyond words (which is unusual for me). I love to sit and listen to all the ideas you have in the works and I love seeing you create CONSTANTLY. I didn’t know someone could be capable of making so many brilliant things! It has been a busy and challenging year for you and, frankly, I think you kicked it’s a**… Wait, I may have said too much. ;)
BOTTOM LINE: I love you, Miss Cake, and am so happy that this day has been a great one for you. You definitely deserve it and I hope this next year of your life is really the best one yet. :)
P.S. For any of you who haven’t sent well wishes to her yet, do it here! :)
I fell asleep last night before 10pm (I think), which is pretty ridiculous. It was just what I needed, though, after being awake longer than my sick little body needed to be the night before. I was able to get a few good hours of rest before Will’s work called him to remind him (at 5am!!!) that he was covering for a coworker this morning. That blasted ringtone wrapped itself around my ears and shook me into tomorrow! Needless to say, I am wide awake. ;)
I am pretty sure that my cold has decided to work in reverse this time. Usually, I feel great after a couple days; however, I feel horribly stuffy this morning. I know what normally works for me with colds, but do any of you have great miracle suggestions?
Since I can’t sleep, I thought I would talk a little bit about some exciting changes for me.
1) As you all know, I am starting to learn more about fashion design and what all one has to do to make her own clothes. So far, it is sooooo easy! There are just a lot of steps involved.
2) I have decided to start journaling again. Writing has always been something I have been really into… and good at according to everyone who has read my writings. Starting to read and write at 3 really helped, I think. Anyway, I miss my Moleskine. I think it misses me, as well. It is where I unleash all the parts of me that no one else really sees. But, if I come up with anything really great, I will share. ;)
3) This kind of goes along with the previous, but I want to start figuring out and perfecting my drawing style. I just recently discovered that I can come up with some decent drawings when I want to and I would really like to see how that skill can progress.
4) I am branching out for the first time in my life to start trying to make money more on my own. I am so nervous about this!! We will see how it goes. I will post more about this later when I have everything ready.
5) I have figured out my first continual post idea!!! I will share it more later this weekend. It involves pictures. ;)
6) I have really started working harder on my photography skills. I definitely have desired this for years and I am so thankful to have a boyfriend who shares the same passion I do. I love working with him and learning from him. Once I edit all of the photos, I will post some… and I CAN’T WAIT!!
What exciting changes are going on in your world?
Alright everyone! I guess I will stop rambling on. I think my medicine has kicked in while typing this post, so I am not sure how interesting this was for you. Crick, my kitten, is dying for some attention. He keeps standing up so I can’t seen my screen. I think I will take the hint and start cuddling now. Hopefully sleeps soon! :)