This is currently what the majority of our apartment looks like right now. It’s very “bare bones” around here.I am itching to decorate this place!
– For the dining area: 1) Cover our half-mirror, half-wall with some panels. 2) Build a dining bar.
– For the live/work area: 1) Build the base for a couch and sew cushions, pillows and throws. 2) Build a large work/dining table. 3) Build a two-compartment coffee table. 4) Sew curtains and maybe a rug or two. 5) Build a coat rack and shoe caddy.
– For the sleep area: 1) Build a headboard. 2) Build an accessories area. 3) Sew curtains and maybe a rug. 4) Sew about 98,357,928,475 blankets, quilts, and pillows for our bed (I like a lot of blankets to sleep with).
– For kitchen area: 1) Sew or buy more towels and other kitchen utensils. 2) Sew a rug.
– For all areas: 1) Hang wall decor. 2) Build or find appropriate lighting.
When I look at this list, it overwhelms me a bit and I become anxious to have it done… two months ago. What makes the situation even more challenging is that I currently work 45+ hours most weeks and Will and I hardly ever have a day off together. I refuse to allow all of these factors to send me to the closest furniture store and pick out what “will work for now.” I want this place to be the home I envision.
A delightful little twist to kick-start our motivation is that we recently found out that a new friend will be staying with us for 10 days in a couple of weeks. TEN DAYS! =D November 7 will be here before we know it! If that isn’t enough to get us moving, I don’t know what will. I am very excited to see what all we can accomplish between now and then. We plan on sharing how to’s and photos and all that jazz as we finish projects. So be watching Twitter, Facebook, and here for links to check out the progress. :)
Oh yeah! And if any of you Nashville friends have a truck and would be willing to help transport some of our supplies for these projects, that would be the best! A meal and a high five would be waiting for you. ;-)
I guess this was just a bit of a vent of how I have been feeling while at home lately. Don’t get me wrong; it’s not all bad. For instance, I am currently listening to The Shins sing through my record player, my cute cat is sleeping in the sunlight and I am getting ready to (finally) organize our closet. It is a good day. I just can’t wait until things are even better around here. :)
* I promise that I will stop using Photo Booth photos for all of my posts. I guess I have just been lazy. Ha!