Hey, it’s me again. I missed you. :)
I thought you guys would like to know that I am going to attempt regular posts yet again here. This time, it won’t just be photo posting. It will be mixed with fun stuff: some things you want to see here and some things that I want to share with you. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea and want to do it.
Here are some of the ideas floating around in my head:
- Playlist of the day: I listen to music all of the time. And I mean, every single moment that can be is music-filled. So, I feel it is something that would be fun to share with you all. This won’t necessarily be a daily post, just what I have listened to on random days. :)
- What I am eating: As most of you are aware, I have recently adopted a completely different way of eating. I am transitioning to what I hope will be a whole-foods, plant-based diet. Nutrition and proper healthy living is something I have grown very passionate about. I would love to include you in on the journey! I will post photos of daily meals and share recipes for my favorite foods and meals. Most will be gluten free or vegetarian, which I am excited about. I’ll also be juicing a lot so I will share my favorite juices with you!
- Weekly funnies: I used to call cartoons funnies. I got that from my grandpa (I think). I don’t really read Sunday cartoons anymore, but my life is filled with moments that I feel could sometimes make the cut for the weekly strips in the paper. I thought it would be a great way to document the funny stories I want to remember. Plus, you all can get a laugh out of it as well. ;) Maybe I will eventually even have (horribly penciled) drawings to go along with them!
- Photos: Duh. ;-) This will be photos from trips, daily life, sessions and shoots, home projects, self portraits, and prompts that I choose or you suggest.
- Possible features: I go back and forth about this. I like the idea of featuring people who I truly admire and people who I love. You know, people I think are incredible. ;) However, I don’t want people to think I will feature someone because they give me an incentive. While I think it is great that other blogs to do that… this is a personal blog. If I happen to buy something that I love, you’d better believe I will tell you all about it! Why would I have people send me free stuff so I can write about them? It just doesn’t seem right unless it is a gift just because we are friends. :)
(For those of you who receive goodies from people and feature them, no judgement will be found here. Do what you want. I was just speaking in terms of my personal space here.)
- Quotes: I love quotes. I had a 3″ 3-ring binder full of quotes in high school, sitting beside my two 4″ binders full of notes from my friends over the years. I am a sentimental gal, what can I say? (<—- future hoarder?) Anyway, because I spent so much of my childhood buried in books, I learned to appreciate the meaning (and people) behind those precious excerpts. I would like to dust off that binder [Yes, I still have it (<----- h o a r d e r).] and find neat ways to bring those quotes to this place.
- History lessons: No, I am not going to inform you about facts about wars and politics. This would just be little stories about me growing up, things I learned along the way, people I met who impacted my life, and other stuff.
- Writing assignments: I started reading and writing at 3. It stuck. This will be a periodic post that would consist of past writings, reviews of books and my thoughts that were sparked by the content, and any of my future writings.
- This one time… : My boyfriend, Will, has been a wonderful part of my life for almost 4 years. I have never met anyone who I could let loose and be completely true with. He has seen the complete Erin. I can honestly say NO ONE else has seen it. I think it would be fun for him to pop in here every once in a while and share little random stories about our life together. I really want to expand this eventually to have my family and closest friends come here and do the same. While this is taking a huge risk for me to be constantly embarrassed, I think it will finally help me become more comfortable in my own skin.
- He said/she said: Most people would have a hard time believing that Will and I have never truly fought. If we ever had a “rough patch,” it was more like hashing out issues we encountered and then either getting over it or coming to a compromise/agreement together. And pretty much all of that was out of the way by our second year together. I am so thankful for that! How have we managed to stay in peaceful harmony? We are always talking. We discuss everything. We both respect each other enough to listen and accept what the other “brings to the table.” This has led to some pretty incredible conversations. We have ended tons of talks moved to tears, laughter, and excitement. I figured it would be fun to share some of those conversations with you and maybe even elaborate further here. :)
- My style: I hate when someone asks me what my style is because I just don’t know how to answer that. I used to hate outfit posts. However, I am beginning to understand that not everyone who does it is doing it because they think they are the “know all” in fashion. Most girls just want to show off their new outfits or share pieces that make them feel pretty. I get that now and even find myself wanting to post photos of occassional outfits on Twitter. I have refrained for the most part due to the fact I spoke out against (most) outfit posts in the past. I am here to retract that statement and possibly start sharing little bits of my “style” here (most likely attached to other posts). Maybe you guys can put a name on it. ;)
That is all I have at this point. What do you think? Which are your favorites? Any I should get rid of or add? I would really love to hear your feedback. After all, I am trying to make this place better for both you and me. =D
Love you guys. For serious, yo. ;)